REALMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REALMS

The Elder Scrolls Realms returns! Journey through the vast Land of Tamriel and strive to become a Legend among the Elder Scrolls. Create a character and select from a wide variety of skills to help on your Quest to become Legendary!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An intruder already? What does she want?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Experience Points : 14

Personal Information
Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Name: Valis Areloth
Faction: Dark Brotherhood, Cardinal Empire Company, Royal Court of Morrowind

An intruder already? What does she want? Empty
PostSubject: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 am

Valis sat on his throne; the seat of his power over Blacklight... For the seat of his power to the world was at the highest floor in the Cardinal Empire Company main building, also located in Blacklight. So, there he was, with his familiar posture; always dignified - like a King. His elbows were rested against the armrests of his throne, his tall stature held high, with his back appearing uncomfortably rested against his throne, and the Blacklight insignia shining beautifully above the Count's high, embroiled headdress, which also served as his crown. His facial expression was also very familiar; always seemingly unfazed by the events of the world he lived in, despite bearing so much weight on his shoulders as a leader with more then three faces.

The hallway that led to his throne remained silent, surrounded by a multitude of pillars. Valis was a lonely shadow in this dim world, and as a shadow, he was able to perceive the presence of another shadow creeping about. With his eyes closed, he listened, to the faint sounds that only a master of the same art could ever even think of comprehending. Much like the intruder, he could be a chameleon no matter his surroundings, or the circumstance within those surroundings. But where? Where was this chameleon lurking within the cold hallway? What did this chameleon want to take... Perhaps his life?

"Reveal yourself, shadow of the night. You cannot possibly escape the knowledge of which I bear." He remained seated, and totally calm; not a muscle of movement - merely a stone-cold object.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Experience Points : 6

Personal Information
Race: Imperial
Name: Mai Cassius
Faction: Thieves Guild

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Get in, steal the bust and get out. That was her mission. Then the profit would be split. A small bit would go to her, and bit larger bit would go to the guild the rest to the poor and homeless. This would normally be a low level mission if everyone they sent so far hadn't disappeared of the face of Tamriel. So they sent her for two reasons. One is was one of the best thieves in the guild. Two she could hold her own enough so she could return. And so far it was going great until the she heard a voice tell her to show her she. What! thought Mai. That's impossible! I'm a master at sneaking, how could he hear me. Her mind fulled with thoughts trying to figure out what just happened. The man who called her out didn't seem to know were she was. But the fact that he new she was hear was bad. Mai bit her lip. This meant bad news and also explained what happened to her fellow guild mates. But that would of meant that the man was a master a sneak. She couldn't figure it out. How could a count and a business man know how to sneak, what to look and hear for. Only a trained ear could of possibly heard her near non-existent steps. She stayed hidden in the hall. She surveyed her surroundings. The bust was in the other room, but it would be much harder if her cover had been blown. But then a different thought came to her head. Maybe the man didn't hear her. Maybe he was told she would be coming. Maybe she was betrayed.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Valis stood up from his throne, his eyes remain closed, and his face bore sternness. "...Clearly you are not an assassin; otherwise, your employers would know not to send you to me alone." He took a few steps forward, stepping down from his throne. His arms were folded into their opposing sleeves. He stood at 6'3"; an intimidating and seemingly fearless composure. "You do realize there is only one way into my private quarters... To my valuables. Clever, don't you agree?" She would have to open his door in order to get to his valuables; she was a thief, but, he knew that she never infiltrated Castle Blacklight, and underestimated its Count to be but a mere noble. "You can turn back now, or you can reveal yourself, and we could have a pleasant conversation. Your choice." He paused. "But, if you intrude into my private quarters, your cover will be blown, and I will commit myself to ending your life - even a master thief cannot escape the jurisdiction of Imperial law forever." He remained standing, but, he didn't appear vigilant. If she were smart, she would know not to oppose the Mer she was in the room with; he had the potential to control the system; an Emperor of a different breed.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Mai quickly looked around the room. There was no other way around this man. She surveyed the room for something to cover her face. Nothing. Then she remembered that she did have a cloth cowl that she sometimes carried around. She searched her pockets, found it and put it on. The cowl shadowed her eyes, and her identity. She walked out of the shadows knowing staying hidden doesn't matter anymore. "I'm surprised someone like you knows what to look and listen for. I could walked through a populated city and a guarded plain without being noticed." said Mai. "I must know were you got your training, this may also be the reason you could buy out other companies so easily. You could go into someones trading company or shop, hear they're secrets and use it to your advantage. You are in charge of the cardinal trading company are you not?'' She walked to the center of seductively to the center of the hall but refused to get any closer. She wanted space if this turned for the worse.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm

The female intruder stepped out of the shadows, her camouflage was completely down, and he saw her figure, but, not her face - she was a woman with reason to hide it apparently. "You assume I cheat in order to rise to prominence in a world ruled by the marketplace. I am offended." He stared into her pale blue eyes, it was all he'd be able to recall in memory if he were to ever look back at this moment. "I am, if anything... A reasonable mer. To get where I am in society, you need to be brought up with a compelling ambition - and an innate leadership." He paused. "You do not need clever tricks, or foul deceit if you are gifted with this reason I've learned to harness to its fullest." He turned his back to the intruder.

"So, what have you come here for? What is it your employers want from me?" He turned his head, though his back was still turned against her. "Are you a piety thief, 'taking from the rich and giving to the poor'? It sounds noble, but, the rich have to work hard while the poor suffer for their unrealistic ideals. If you want something you must take it for yourself, don't you agree?" He turned his head away from her.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

"I will not tell you my intentions for stealing the items i wanted to take, but yes that is true. But even then it's not always possible. Take this instance, i thought you would be an over fed, out of control, deaf to anything that's not two feet in front of them." said Mai. "But obviously I was wrong and if i could just get the item from you it would make a lot of people happy. I will even say that you donated it. It will make you look like a philanthropist and raise your overall popularity. At the same time i'll tell any other thief i walk into and tell them it's in their best interest to avoid the Count of Blacklight and his castle. It's a win-win business proposal." Mai had a away with people. Most people had a hard time saying no to her in just about anything, from situations like this to convincing someone to have a little fun with her. She believed it was a good business deal. She would take the bust, say it was donated. And in turn he wouldn't have to worry about thieves.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Valis was once more seated on his throne. "It's a sad thing when an individual's perspective is limited by the cliches of society... As you grow older, you will discover that things are often not what they appear to be, and how foolish you've been all this time." He rested the side of his head against his palm. He pointed at the entrance to his private quarters. "Take what you've come here for; you are Thieves Guild so I needn't worry about your greed." He paused. "If I ever catch you, or your comrades, ever infiltrating my home again... There will be no escape. I am not a charitable thing." He stood up. "Just make sure you abide by our arrangement." He walked toward his door. "Come now, before my steward comes to me with estate issues." He stepped into his private quarters.

If anything his private quarters were certainly luxurious. It was a spacious room, with ivory carpeting, a giant fireplace, and a massively-sized bed fitting for an Emperor and his lover. There were elegant paintings spanning on his white walls with golden designs, and the large bed was surrounded by long, transparent curtains decorated nicely with golden flowers to add on to the privacy. There was a working desk, a couple cushioned seats, a long, glass table and a couple statues. In the back, atop the fireplace's mantle was the bust that this woman looked for. Next to the bust were a few portraits of Valis smiling happily with his (deceased) wife.

He reached for the bust after glancing at the portrait for only a moment, and turned to the woman he just allowed entry into his private quarters. "Here you are." He looked down at her.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

"I never said who i work for. It's not unlikely thieves outside the guild to give to those who need it more. For all you know I could be a thief who feels the need to give back after stealing everything else she could get her fingers around." She walked behind him, her hips swaying side to side following into his bedroom. "Please at least take me on a date first, or get me drunk." she joked as she entered the room. She surveyed the room. There were a few paintings, some statues and a fireplace. She noted how big the bed was and how elegant it looked. But over all it looked as expected. A rich man spending his money the only way he knew, on expensive over priced objects. She took the bust from the man and placed it in a shoulder bag she brought with her. "Many people thank you for your generous donation." said Mai. A painting of a women caught her eye and she turned her head towards this. "Was this your wife?" asked Mai.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm

The fact that she was justifying how she may not be a thief serving the Thieves Guild only made her service to the Thieves Guild more believable to Valis, and he didn't respond. When she came across the painting of his wife, she questioned it; or simply brought it up for conversation. "Yes, my dearest wife, she was a strong, dignified woman... No material possession in the world could ever replace the gap that is her loss..." For just a brief second, his eyes expressed mourning for her loss. "Ah, nevermind... You are but a thief, you can't possibly know anything about real love, only stealing that love from others; judging by your physique." He pointed out her very curvy outline - one that could easily charm any man... But, Valis was a widow, not yet ready for intimacy at any level. "I advise you keep to yourself when speaking of her; she especially wouldn't appreciate having another woman in here." He smirked, eying her in all the right places.

"Move along..." He spoke uninterestedly.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:33 pm

"A lot more then you think. But mostly I would be considered a second hand source." said Mai remembering all the men that pretty much cried to her about losing there 'true love' and such. Personally she thought it didn't exist. But what did she know? The only thing close she had to a boyfriend or a friend at all was brutally killed by her old guild. The words 'she's dead, who the heck would she know i'm here.' were at the tip of her tongue but she decided to withdraw the sentence. After that the man became real dark, back to the way he was and told her to move along. So she turned around and began heading towards the door. "If that is what you wish i'll leave." said Mai, testing to see how interested this man was in her. It wouldn't surprise her if he was totally uninterested after what he just said, but she wanted to see anyway.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:57 pm

She was implying that she didn't want to leave - she wanted to test her "womanly wiles" against one of the more masculine forces of the world: Valis Areloth. He approached her slowly. He placed his hand against her chin, and started feeling her face all over very gently, softly, smoothly, attaining a picture of her facial structure in his mind. He poked his head closer to her eyes, and gazed into them sharply. Smirking, he spoke. "You are a tempting woman... That is certain." He paused, letting go of her face slowly, with his soft, elven hands. "However, unfortunately for you, I am a Mer of his morals." He paused once more. "Go on; leave. I've oh so generously given what it is you came here for." He turned his back to the woman, waiting to hear his door shut, and for her to be gone when he turned around.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Master Thief
Master Thief
Mai

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

For a second she thought she had charmed the man. which would of been good for her cause then she could of gotten more off of him. She sighed inside her mind when he told her to leave again. She turned around and closed the door after her. She got back to the main hall and disappeared into the shadows. But before she left she lifted some of the ornate tribal masks that lined the wall. He wouldn't miss them at all. It's also not like he could hear her through the space that separated them. Not to mention a solid wood door would nearly eliminate any loud sound to that of a quite footstep. Her light catlike footstep would be physically impossible to hear, even with the training this man had shown. She walked to the main door and slipped out, with out leaving a trace.
Back to top Go down
Valis Areloth
Listener
Listener
Valis Areloth

Personal Information

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm

This topic is officially...

[CLOSED]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An intruder already? What does she want?   An intruder already? What does she want? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An intruder already? What does she want?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
REALMS :: Tamriel :: Morrowind :: Blacklight :: Castle Blacklight :: Lords Manor-
Jump to: